Thursday, May 10, 2007

Southern Hospitality

Yesterday, my in-laws came dropped by and we decided to have some lunch. We had leftover homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade onion bread from the night before. To finish it off, I served little premade snack cakes such as swiss rolls and chocolate donuts along with hazelnut coffee. I was so happy that they came so that I didn't have to throw out all of that chicken noodle soup! This was such an inexpensive lunch and they loved it! Whenever guests come over, I always try to serve them at least something. Maybe this is just because of my Southern upbringing, but I think refreshments just make things more fun and inviting . As you can see from above, something really simple can be just perfect.

1 comment:

theups said...

It definitely sounds like you are a wonderful hostess and very comfortable with it, too! A lot of ladies I know really stress about having others over. Thank you for sharing this!

His,
Mrs. U