Saturday, May 5, 2007

Yard Sales!!!

I just love yard sales. It's something I like to get up and do on Saturday mornings just for fun. Usually, I leave Baby Elon asleep in his crib but today I decided to take him with. He was...pretty good (he waited at least 20 minutes before he started crying). Since I had a yard sale last week I decided the last thing I needed to do was to go out and buy more things that I don't need.
On my way I thought to myself "It would be nice to find some perfume." I knew that it would be a long shot to find a perfume that I liked and could wear (I have allergies). But guess what! On about the third sale I visited I found a bottle of perfume that I had wanted to purchase from Bath and Body Works a long time ago. I didn't buy it because they didn't have a tester I could try first. Turns out the girl having the sale worked at B&B Works and sold me 4 different bottles of perfume (two of which I have the shower gel, lotion and spray to match) all for $2!!! And this is the actual perfume, not a body spray. I was so thrilled because I have like one spritz left of my current perfume. Now I'll smell so yummy for church tomorrow! (Literally "yummy" because the scents are based off Tutti Dolci lotions like Angel Food Cake, Chocolate, Creme Brulee, etc.)

I also just told Nathan that I was tired of pushing our heavy Kirby and was thinking of getting an Oreck. Found a Dirt Devil for $3. Can't beat that!

The best part of this morning's shopping...I didn't buy any "junk" that will just get moved to the garage eventually!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh...i LOVE garage sale-ing on saturday mornings too! just can't get any better than that! congrats on your great finds and here's to many more! :)
melanie