Friday, July 13, 2007

Color Coded Psalms

For the past several weeks, I have been going through the Psalms and highlighting verses in different colors. I use one color for outright promises, one for commands, one for if/then statements, and one for verses to memorize.

I especially like re-reading what I have highlighted to remember that if I will _____, then God will _____. For instance, I would read this verse, " How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you...*" and I would determine that if I will fear God and take my refuge in Him, then He will bestow great goodness upon me in the sight of men. It's nice to go through a few Psalms and just reread God's promises and rewards for His children if we obey Him.

*Psalm 31:19

No comments: