Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I HATE SPIDERS!!!

I know this sounds really weird, but the other day when I found that jumping spider that I thought was a black widow I had this funny feeling that I found it for a reason. As I was researching about the black widow, I had a feeling that I was going to be putting this knowledge to use very soon.

Just a few minutes ago, I went outside to bring the dreaded clothes rack back in and there, beside my sliding glass door, was a web that stretched to Elon's car seat base (which I had placed outside to clean-- eventually). A spider had been residing in that car seat base and it was full of web. I called Nathan outside and I went inside to get the flashlight. The spider's ?chest? was facing us so there could be no mistaking the red hour glass design. Then Nathan confirmed my fear... our second black widow in around two months (N. found the first one in our garage and so he sprayed everything). Leave it to Nathan to make a joke about it, "That was her sister." The strange thing is that the spider looked so harmless. It wasn't scary looking at all. I wish I would've taken another picture just to prove it but in all of the excitement, I forgot until it was already squished. GROSS!!!

First thing in the morning, I WILL be calling the bug man. Meanwhile, there will be lots of prayers over Elon and lots of shaking out shoes. YUCK!!!

Isn't that strange?

No comments: