Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Faith and Prayer, A Scientific Study?

I started going to Sunday school and church when I was 5. I stopped when I
was 6. That’s when my older brother was diagnosed with a rare and incurable
immune disorder that necessitated his living in a sterile “bubble” room at a
hospital near our house. My mother proclaimed that no god would have allowed
that to happen. Even a 6-year-old could read between those lines. Either God
didn’t exist, or He was an astral bully. My parents and I stopped attending
church, and I dropped out of Sunday school. And that was the end of anything
approaching sanctioned religion or prayer in my life.

- Elizabeth DeVita-Raeburn


Took a minute to read this article on faith and prayer posted on MSNBC. I was saddened to read the author's viewpoint on God's character and had to stop and say a prayer for her. To read the complete article, click here.

1 comment:

Davene said...

The link didn't work when I tried it.

How very sad that she reached that conclusion...and that no one could get through to give her another perspective on suffering.