- Strip old paint. (The stripper didn't work too well so I ended up mainly sanding).
- Sand remaining paint off.
- Vacuum and wipe down.
- Paint first coat.
- Paint second coat.
- Lightly sand again.
- Vacuum and wipe down again.
- Line with shelve liners until I find some really cheap wallpaper.
- The fun part-- decorate and fill!
I love my new "sideboard" because it frees up so much more space in the kitchen. In it, I am storing napkins, tablecloths, candle sticks, and some entertaining dishware I rarely use. So for around $15, I have a really functional new-old piece of furniture.