Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Little Too Late...

Today I went to several yardsales. I was looking for a dining room table or a set of matching twin beds. I love the ones Southern Living has pictured here. I found neither table nor twin beds, but I did pick up a few pieces of BCBG clothes and a new-to-me queen bed! I love my bed and can't wait to post pictures.




I was interested in a set of matching twin beds that a lady was selling. It took me a while to find her phone number and so I ended up calling her at 8:50pm. For reasons I won't go into, I had to reach her by 9:00am the next day. I immediately apologized for calling so late; she said she was in bed and on the other line and boy was she rude about it. REALLY rude. I told her that I was going to buy the beds but had obviously called at a bad time. To make a long story short, I wouldn't have bought those beds if she paid ME to take them!

So I'm wondering, how late is too late to call someone?

4 comments:

Mark and Erin said...

My mama always said never after 9:00 pm unless you know them well enough to know they won't be in bed. But I don't think 8:50 is too late...it sounds like she was just a rude person!

Davene said...

If it was someone I didn't know at all, I probably wouldn't call after 8:00 pm. But I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant encounter with her...that's no fun. :(

Lisa said...

Sometimes I think it depends on who you're calling. For instance, I'd call some friends after 8pm because I know their kids are in bed and before 8 would be total chaos to have a conversation. But the etiquette is no calling after 8pm.

Unless you're a kid...who is in bed at 8:50 anyway?

A.Jarvis said...

Like Erin, I was taught no calling after 9:00. So I knew I had 10 min. I guess that lady didn't really want to sell her stuff!