Monday, March 17, 2008

We Made It!

Well we made it. We are finally in AZ and all set up, well at least we have our bed up... It was a pretty uneventful trip. We broke the 12 hour drive up into 2 days, both for Elon's sake and our sanity's. We stayed at a cheap.... I'm embarrassed to admit it.... Motel 6. Yeah, they'll "leave the light on for you," but electricity is about the only amenity they've got. S-C-A-R-Y! But with all the expenses we incurred from the move (gas alone was over $800, not to mention renting the truck, etc.), we felt we had to cut back wherever we could, even if that meant being scared of bed bugs or of letting our feet touch the shower! At least they were clean sheets.... I think.

But now we're here, all safe and sound, and enjoying our new house. I don't have the camera equipment set up to take pictures but as soon as I do, I'll be sure to post. We really like our new house. It's much bigger than our last house, which was 1300 square feet and we are loving the extra space. Now to hit those garage sales and fill it up! So far, we need a dining room table and another full size couch. It would be nice to have patio furniture as well. I'll be keeping an eye out for bargains. I LOVE bargain hunting!

I'm at work right now, and the kids are napping. I'll try to post more about my new job tomorrow, if I have internet access.

BTW, I was just bragging to a friend the other day about how nice Arizonans are. So guess what, I get up this morning for my first day on the job and head out to the driveway to be greeted by an egg pelted car. As if my car wasn't dirty enough already! So there you have, Arizonans are just like everyone else, you got your good folks and your meanies!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh I'm glad the move went well- wow that was a whirlwind!
Yes, as soon as you have a camera ready, I want to see pictures!

Bonnie said...

ps I stayed once in a hotel much like the one you did. We didn't use the sheets- we just cranked up the heat, which also helped block out all the noise.
The lady told me when I called " You'll see the sighn from the highway exit." We sure did. Tied right over the old Red Roof Inn one, declaring it was now a Knights Inn.

MrsTribble said...

I'm so glad you guys are here! I love the house it is so cozy, so perfect for you guys!

Lisa said...

Glad you all got out there safe and sound. Can't wait to see photos of your new house.

New Mom said...

Mrs. Bonnie- that is too funny!

Girls- I promise to post pics soon as I get my internet up and running.

Ruthie- thanks :)

Anonymous said...

try freecycle