Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On Taking Advice and Cry Babies...

Well, I've taken Davene and Mrs. Bonnie's advice and started placing Elon in the playpen daily. He cries at first, but when he realizes it just ain't workin' he usually stops. This is the start of something wonderful :}



"Cry Babies"

Last night, I did a temporary overnight nanny job for a 6 month old little baby. The mom has pneumonia, and was completely worn out and needing help. The dad is a paramedic for the fire department, so he needed his sleep before working a long shift. I was happy to get the job. I thought, "a 6 month old baby, how hard can this be?" Quite hard, my friend, lemme tell ya I earned every cent I made that night! The sweet and precious Sydney awoke at 10:30pm, then at 12:10am and every five minutes {literally} after that until 2:15. Then she woke again at 3:30am and then at 6:30am and finally I went home at 7:20 when she awoke for good. She's definitely either teething or sick. She was pitiful because during the 12-2 time frame she had her eyes closed and would just cry in her sleep. Thankfully, her mother is taking her to the doctor today, hopefully they'll figure out what's going on. Thankfully for me, I get to do it again tonight! I'm really thankful for the work because I earn $125 dollars and don't really have to "be away" from Elon cause he's asleep anyway!





Cartoons provided by www.cardstock .com, and I really really hope it's legal to copy them for personal use.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hooray! Glad its working!
Poor baby, she does sound like she was sick!

Davene said...

Good for you about the playpen thing! I'm so glad you're seeing some positive results so quickly.

And wow, what a job! I've never heard of an overnight nanny position, but I can see why they would need it! I hope you do OK through the day with such little sleep yourself. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Poor baby. It's probably hard for her to be away from home too.

Love the comics! So funny and true.