Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Tarheel State...

I'm in beautiful NC right now, visiting my family. I don't have daily access to the net at my mom's house, so I thought I'd take a minute (and I do mean a minute!) while at my dad's to update everyone.

My grandfather is still about the same, he's very weak barely walking and talking. I'm happy that I'll get to drive him to church tomorrow.

Still on the prowl for a job, I have a couple of people interested, so that's a start!

My parents gave me some spending money while I was here, so I was able to buy a few things at a yard sale today. I got a brand new women's devotional Bible for $5, and a cute pair of pointy toed black Nine West flats. They look so cute with capris!

Went with my very large family to a country restaurant today to enjoy some Carolina down-home cookin'. Stewed squash, mashed rutabagas, hush puppies, fried chicken and banana pudding... I think I gained five lbs!

4 comments:

Davene said...

Thanks for the update! Whatever happened with THE HAT?

Marie said...

Your making me hungry!!! We had fun with Nathan last night, we missed you :(
Please tell your family I said Hello!!!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Yeah, like Davene said whatever happened with The Hat?
Oh, and great news about the job leads!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love going home! Just to be with family is such a treat. And the food you miss, oh the food!!