Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Happenings...

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. I sure did. I've been pending my time working on this...

Before:



And I finally got rid of this....



Oh, and while you're here, would you kindly take this...


Yay, now it's a little less crowded in my garage, I love Craigslist! We also grilled teryiaki chicken and had steamed rice, oriental veggies, and mangoes for dinner. It was sooo good and so nice to have Nathan at home with us. We went for walks, took Elon to the park, and watched episodes of Survivor and Lost on the net. What fun!

I'll have to wait for the paint to cure on the little shelf before I can post the after pictures. It'll be a couple of days.

Oh and in other news, I found a humongous scorpion {almost 3 inches long} in the kitchen this morning that I blindly stepped on with bare feet! Thankfully, it must've already been dead because I didn't get stung, but still, OH GROSS! That was my first encounter with a scorpion and I can tell you that it was the UGLIEST creature I've ever seen. That thing was so big I could've saddled it and rode it back to Colorado. {Which is exactly what I wanted to do, well not saddle it, but ride back to CO.} Sleep will come slowly tonight... oh where's the number to the pest control company?

5 comments:

Davene said...

Sounds like a great family day! :)

But ugh, that's terrible about the scorpion!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness Himilce! How gross!!!! I can't believe you stepped on it with your bare foot! I have to say, you make me laugh the way you described it! :)

So glad you guys had a nice day together. I hope Nathan is feeling better.

Marie said...

Himilce, your so funny!
I wish I could have seen it! I'm glad it was dead! Did you call the pest control? I'm sure you did! Pray around your bed tonight! Remember John and me?

Bonnie said...

Blah, scorpions! I stepped on a centipede once that was NOT dead. How I managed not to sream I'll never know.

Glad your moving things out, I love the feel of purging "stuff".

Memorial day sounds fun too-mmmm, mangos. Love 'em.

Anonymous said...

I used to love when Rick was off for holidays. Now he's off everyday, haha.

Gotta love those creatures. You can buy indoor bug killer that lasts up to 12 months (Walmart, Home Depot). You just spray it on the base boards and around the door frames and windows. Make sure you buy the child safe formula. I do it when Jaedan's asleep. It's safe once it's dry. It's amazing all of the dead bugs you sweep up after you spray. Actually pretty gross!