Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Update On My Grandpa

I put a hair bow in his hair!


Somehow, I never get around to putting on makeup whenever I see grandpa.

My grandpa's wife, Mildred.

Unfortunately, my grandfather's health continues to rapidly decline. For an 80 year old who has always been proud of his young man's health, makes the disease even more difficult to accept. At this point, he can no longer speak and can only take a few steps every day. He cannot eat or drink and has begun to drool. Yet his mind is keen. Lou Gehrig's Disease is a horrible, debilitating disease and I continue to pray that he will not suffer long from the illness. Any prayers on his behalf would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers to him and your family.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with him, he looks like he's loving every minute of it!