Friday, February 27, 2009

Yesterday's Activity, Or Inactivity...

I didn't get a chance to finish the changes to my "desk" and guest room-- I'll post whenever I do. Meanwhile, yesterday I went to a Bible study at a nearby church. For one hour we do Bible study and for the second hour we break into groups to discuss a different book. And it just so happened that I already own the book, Don't Make Me Count To Three, thanks to Hannah! So far the book is keeping me interested, I really appreciate the author's sense of humor since I sometimes find it difficult to read non-fiction.

It was nice getting together with women who had a bit more experience than I do in child rearing. I hope to glean all I can from these women-- afterall, I am about to go from 1 child to 3! And I was very pleased with the childcare-- best of all it was free! Elon had a blast playing on the fort, riding the toys, and playing playdough. If for no other reason, I'd continue attending just for his sake!


Yesterday I spent several hours reading Frank Peretti's and Ted Dekker's, House. I cannot believe that I finished the whole book in one sitting, and that with a two year old running around. So, needless to say, I need to get off of this blog and start cleaning!

4 comments:

Katheryn said...

Okay I love "Don't Make Me Count To Three" It is a great book and she is pretty funny and down to earth. And activity is all in the eye of the beholder, so just so you know reading is a wonderful activity. It is great that you are doing a Bible study. I did in CO and met some of the most amazing women. But now, well, that is another story. :) Enjoy your weekend.

Marie said...

Happy to hear about your bible study Himilce! I just wrote a post about a book too! Can't wait to see the pictures of your guest bedroom and new computer space!

Josiah and Anna said...

How are you going to have THREE children?? BTW nice picture of you and Elon.

Josiah and Anna said...

Ok, I do sort of remember that, but I guess I just didn't realize that would be so soon. That's so exciting though! 3 little dears. Do you know age range of the foster child??
In answer to your question (thanks for the nice comment!), in my dorm I am the head of the girl's dorm. But there is an American who does help me one morning a week, and with discipleship one afternoon a week.
I haven't posted this on my blog yet, but I will be going home in April, after being here for 3 years. I am not sure where God is sending me to next, but he has shown me that what he wanted to accomplish in and through me is finished and He is allowing me to go home and spend time with my family for a little while. I am looking forward to that, but it will be hard saying good bye to all the girls, the Mozambican dorm mothers, the people I know from the community, and the missionaries. God has brought a sweet girl my age from England who will work along side me these next 8 weeks, and I will pass on the mantel to her when I leave.
I will keep my blog going:-) Thanks for all the encouragement you have been to me while I have been here, it really blesses me. Have a good week!