Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hospitals and Epidurals

Today I went and toured the hospital where I will be delivering. It is such a nice hospital, complete with valet service and spa treatments! They also have some nice accessories, like birthing balls and jacuzzi tubs. Oh and I can't forget to mention the Starbucks served on the first floor! The hospital was nice and quiet, due to double insulated walls-- for me, peace and quiet in a hospital is a must. I've fainted twice while visiting hospitals, so it is important to me that I find one that feels modern, clean, and spacious-- for some reason, the more condensed the space, the dizzier I get until I wind up on the nasty hospital floor! I did get a little dizzy on the tour, but as we continued to walk around those feelings subsided and I was able to ask all of my questions. Now if I can just make sure that they give me the epidural in time!

4 comments:

Arlene said...

LOL, love the little cartoon! I'm glad you were able to take the tour without passing out! :o)

Holly Trujillo said...

I love this cartoon. I went through my birth with Baby Elizabeth "naturally" and oh my goodness, next time I'm getting an epodorial. I didn't dialate the last two cm EVER, so that explain most of the SERVER pain. But all the same next time I opt for less pain!!!

Davene said...

Just checking in to see if there's anything new. :) You are getting SO CLOSE to your due date! How are you feeling??? :)

Melissa said...

FIVE days to go!!!!!! Oh my!!!! I'll be praying for the two of you!

Melissa :D