Monday, August 24, 2009

The Sun'll Come Out, Tomorrow...

Today I am having "one of those days..." A day where you find yourself continually looking at the clock to see when it will end, a day when you find yourself wondering what exactly is the purpose of your life, a day when you are ANGRY AT YOUR HUSBAND FOR MAKING YOU MOVE TO A CONCRETE JUNGLE TO RAISE BOYS WITH NO COMPANIONSHIP!!! Maybe it's hormones, maybe it's readjusting to the long days and nights of solitude, maybe it's just lack of sleep? I'm not sure. But it is definetly one of THOSE days...


Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

-Isaiah 40:31

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry! That really stinks- and I have nothing else to say, probably because it is 5:24 am, I have had no cofffee, and just because I am up, doesn't mean I'm awake.
Like you said, the sun will come out tomorrow! I say enjoy a long bubble bath or foot soak once your little darlings are in bed. And chocolate. It's amazing what a handful of chocolate chips will do for a tired and weary soul.

New Mom said...

I agree, chocolate does make a difference! I took your advice and ate like 3 brownies loaded with chocolate chips. So much for my new goal of watching what I eat. It's either chococlate or shopping-- and I'm broke so it looks like it'll be chocolate!

Davene said...

I feel your pain! I'm sure it's a combination of all of those things you mentioned. The lack of sleep is a huge factor by itself...but throw in everything else and it can easily feel overwhelming. Thanks for sharing that verse; I'm going to cling to that the next time I have one of those days.

I hope you're feeling better and seeing the sun peek through the clouds.