Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving...

Was spent with Katheryn and her family. They sweetly asked us to join them again this year. Elon especially enjoyed the fun of swing sets, fire pits, and a trampoline. We ate our share of turkey, stuffing and caramel pecan pie with whipping cream (made by Katheryn-- and yes, it is as good as it sounds!) Katheryn lives in a beautiful house with panoramic views of the mountains-- it's very peaceful.

After relaxing for awhile, we returned home to our out of town guests. They had been dining with family, and we all spent the next few days chatting and cooking delicious meals. Nathan made a delicious maple sesame glazed trout for his friends. The 24" trout was hooked by his dad at a Colorado mountain lake. Then yesterday at the Christmas party (which went great btw, I actually got everything done! Totally worth the extra work :) I ate FIVE chocolate chip scones! I think I may have gained a couple of pounds over this holiday!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

LOVE the dress, gorgeous, and Elon's face in that first picture cracks me up!

Thanksgiving sounded very nice, and even though I'm not a big fish fan, that trout sounded WONDERFUL!