Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Frontiersman's Daughter...


Oh my goodness!  I have found the most wonderful new author!  Her name is Laura Frantz, and her first book is called The Frontiersman's Daughter.  I loved every minute of it!  She is a newly published author, and she has another book just published called Courting Morrow Little.  Can't wait to read it!  She also has a blog, http://laurafrantz.blogspot.com/, where you can learn more about her experiences as an author.  I commented  there and she responded back!  I feel like I just met a celebrity ya'll!  Anyway, if you love historical romance novels then you will love this book.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!  Romance, Indians, War, Survival, and those fun little details about historical homemaking-- it's all in there!  And kudos to Mrs. Frantz that it isn't your typical Christian romance!  I get so tired of reading book where the main character "weeps" like 20 times.  Who does that (I mean when we aren't having a visit by our Aunt Flo)?

GET THIS BOOK!

6 comments:

Laura Frantz said...

Oh, what a wonderful way to wake up! I have a google search set for my book titles and your blog popped up. And I thought, "Hey, I know that girl!" I can't thank you enough for your gracious words - you really "got" what I was trying to do in The Frontiersman's Daughter. I'm so happy to have you for a reader! Not everyone devotes a blog post to my books:) That is so very thoughtful of you. We will stay in touch! Bless you, bless you, bless you!

Little Lady said...

Sounds great!!!! I've been wanting to ready that book for a while, but I just never get around to ordering it! :) thanks for the heads up! :)

Amanda Stanley said...

Hey New Mom! I couldn’t agree with you more- it is like meeting a celebrity ;) Laura is SO VERY kind and SO VERY encouraging and she makes you feel like her “friend” not just a “reader”, going above and beyond the call- and I can tell you from experience, MOST authors do NOT do that. I was SO EXCITED to find her and isn’t her blog just AWESOME?! Her books are INCREDIBLE!! I just finished Courting Morrow Little and it was BREATHTAKING!! I’ve been posting a review for it everywhere, trying to get the word out because if you haven’t read her stuff yet you have NO idea what you’re missing!!

You have a great blog New Mom :) And thank you so much for spotlighting Laura!!

Blessings,
Amanda Stanley

Laura Frantz said...

Oh, Little Lady and Amanda, You've made my day:) I think Amanda is my guardian angel, spreading JOY wherever she goes. I wish she'd start a blog as I think it would be amazing. Wish I could visit more blogs. Now I'm off to Little Lady's to see if she has one. Can you tell I'm on a writing break?!

Lori Benton said...

So glad you discovered Laura. I'm waiting to get her new release, Courting Morrow Little, in my hot little hands. It had better be in the mail tomorrow or I just might have a weekend meltdown. :)

Julia M. Reffner said...

Glad to have found your blog Great review of Laura's book. I can see you are definitely a kindred spirit with your interests from your posts. I love your title, too.