Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's a Slumber Party!

image provided by www.istockphoto.com


Each fall, I like to try to host a fun ladies-only get together. This weekend I am planning for an adult slumber party. I invited 6 ladies to join me for a night away from the kids. We are going to snack, relax, watch a chic flick and snack some more! Right now I'm trying to get everything cleaned up and plan the menu, since it is a last minute party.
I read on some one's blog (can't remember who) how so many of us decide never to entertain because we think everything has to be "perfect." I am definitely one of those people who thinks that the menu has to be elaborate and every room in the house has to be squeaky clean. Having this type of mentality is so STRESSFUL! I'm telling myself that these ladies are my friends, they know ME. They know I'm not lazy or a slob, they know I'm a good mom and try to be a "good person".... and they also know I'm not perfect! We all have to live in our homes. They aren't going to be perfectly pristine and that's ok. Instead of making everything so formal and getting myself in a tizzy, I'm going to try to keep things simple so that I can actually enjoy my company. Later, I'll post some of the activities and menu planned for the night.

3 comments:

Davene said...

That sounds like so much fun! And you're right about learning to relax and focus on what's most important and not stress about the details--a hard thing to do, but a very good lesson to learn!

Praying for a Mary heart for you! :)

Elizabeth said...

Himilce, how fun!! What fun ideas! Im sorry I haven't posted anything yet, I am going to barrow Johns camera this weekend and hopefully I can finally improve my blog! =) I have been looking at some of the other bloggers and it has been inspiring me! =) Can't wait to see you at Marie and John's wedding!

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!
enjoy!!