Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I've Got "Issues"

The fine line between thinking about a home and obsessing about a home has just been crossed....



Why can't I be one of those people who lets the "chips fall where they may" or just lets her husband figure it out, or just optimistically thinks that things "will fall into place once we get there." If I was, I'm sure I'd actually be sleeping at night instead of worrying.


BTW, at about 2:00 am a couple of days ago, I was thinking about a little boy I wanted to pray for but couldn't remember his name. After half an hour of deep concentration, I could not get that name! If this ever happens to you, be it forgetting a song, band, etc., let me share my system with you. First you take the first letter of the alphabet and pair it with the first, second, third---etc. until you think you have the second letter nailed down. If you are like me, this is usually enough to jog your memory. If not, as in the case of the situation above, you will have to continue this process until the third letter of the name. For example scroll down the alphabet to the letter s, yes I believe his name started with an "s." So here we go s+a, s+b, s+c.....etc. Ok, now s+a+a, s+a+b, s+a+c and on and on until....s+a+n+t= SANTANA! Oh thank you Lord, now I can go to sleep! And it only took me a little over an hour to figure out!

3 comments:

Davene said...

You're so funny! I'm sure you weren't trying to be, but still, you were. :)

I'll remember your system the next time I'm bashing my head against a wall trying to remember the name of something or someone!

Wish I had some words of wisdom for you about the house... All I can say is I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Rick may be quiting his job within 2 weeks and we have both been up at night. I know God is in control and will provide, but it's always a test of faith. My prayers are with you...

Lisa said...

I know what you mean about laying in bed...counting sheep doesn't cut it either.

You crack me up with this post. I love it when people are real.