Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ranting and Reminiscing...

I am soooo happy to be spending a lazy day at home today. Yesterday I had my foster care life safety inspection-- someone from the state inspects my house to make sure it's safe. Nathan was a little perturbed by the fact that not only did his guns need to be locked up in a safe, but also trigger locked with the ammunition stored in a separate locked box. Picture this, an intruder is rattling the front door, you run to find the key for the gun safe, open it and grab a gun, run to go get the key for the trigger lock, fumbling around as you try to quickly unlock the trigger. You finally get that finished, so you run to get the key for the ammunition safe-- all the while holding keys for a gun cabinet, trigger lock, and now the ammo safe-- plus the gun. You grab the box of ammo, throw down the keys, and hastily begin loading the gun-- only to find that the thief has already finished robbing you and is half way across town! Hee-hee! Oh well, I guess we don't get much of a say in what we think about their "gun safety rules." By the way, we didn't pass the inspection because our water temperature was 125 instead of the 120 maximum. Guess my candy thermometer isn't as accurate as I thought!
I spent the whole morning browsing my old photos on the computer. Such happy memories! I know this won't interest anyone by myself, but humor me.
I loved the way he woke up all puffy eyed and cow-licked!

That hairdo wasn't like that because of the breeze, that was his 'do.

Awww, mom, enough pictures already!

Even at the age of 6 months, he was already sporting a 'hawk.

Elon's first Christmas-- dressed as a prep, to Nathan's chagrin :}

Is that a Calvin face or what?

My favorite snow angel!

Those cute little legs!

Smelling his sweetest right after a bath.

Behaving his sweetest-- sleeping!

I loved him in his lumberjack outfit.

Not real sturdy on his feet yet.

Brrr... that fresh Colorado air!

We often couldn't get shoes on his feet; when we tried, he scrunched his toes making it impossible!

Dancing in the streets!

Nathan wasn't real happy I made him wear that shirt so we'd match-- can you tell?

Tasty!

My belly at two months pregnant with Elon-- things have definitely changed since then! To prove it I'll post a belly shot later this week. Enough reminiscing, it's 10:00 and I'm not even dressed!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

We (no joke) have more guns in our house than people. I have lost count how many B. has. And I don't know why he has so many. 2 up and 1down for protection, and I hear ya about the 20 minute search to protect yourself from intruders. Geez.
Loved all the old pictures, Elon is such a cutie!

Elizabeth said...

Oh I loved all the pictures Himilce!!!! :)

Judith and Lance said...

I love all of the pictures, my blog is mainly about pics of my girls (which all the fam wants to see and get mad if I don't post them). I'm headed to the homeland on Monday,will be there through Nov 29th b/c Lance is going out of the country on business. It will be nice to be home but sad to be w/o him for so long.