Saturday, January 10, 2009

Busy Bees...

I'm back and busy doing what I'm always doing whenever I get back from a big trip-- cleaning!

There's quite a bit of catch up on housework to be done and on top of that I think I'm beginning the nesting phase. I just can't quit organizing!

That, along with a leaking dishwasher and no hot water in the kitchen sink, is keeping me busy!

A Wal-Mart grocery run later and some family time with Nathan will complete my Saturday.

Well, I guess I'll get busy trying to find a cheap and easy way to store Elon's toys-- since the rolling file cabinet idea was a bust...


5 comments:

Davene said...

Welcome back!

Isn't organizing fun? I just love it...when I have the energy to do it...which I haven't this week. :( But after a nap this morning, I'm feeling better so maybe I'll get something accomplished yet today!

I, too, am dealing with the constant toy challenge. What do I do with all the toys we have??? I hope you find something that works well for you!

Have a great weekend!

Bonnie said...

Glad you're home safe and sound!
Love the flower pictures- we're burried under a foot of snow, with mote expected this week. The kids and I are playing hooky from church.
What was you're toy storage idea, maybe our collective brains can give you an idea or 2.

Aprille said...

Felicitates on the new baby and the process of foster care. Good for you guys! I would like to be a foster mom one day but we aren't there yet. I have some experience w that area. So hard but so fulfilling for those who can do it.

I am a "mommy blogger" too. Helps me not talk to myself so much =) Cheers!

Aprille - The Muddled said...

err rather this is my personal blog's username. I teach preschool and use that other one for our class' blog.

New Mom said...

Davene- thank you, it's good to be home!

Bonnie- Dumb idea, storing your child's toys in free wooden file cabinets-- on rollers. Now I'm thinking of the bookshelf and baskets idea. If only I can find a cheap bookshelf :{
Any other suggestions?

Aprille, thanks for stopping by. I'll visit you later when I have more time. I'd love to hear more about your experience with foster care if you feel like sharing.