Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Closet Project...

So what happens when you get too caught up in organizing and completing projects... the rest of the house goes kaputz! I'm trying really hard to play catch-up on cleaning and complete at least one organizational project each day. Today I cleaned the sink, mirror, and toilet in the guest bath and plan on cleaning under the sink for my organizational project. Also, I am working on some crafts that need to be completed ASAP! What I wouldn't give for my 2 year old's level of energy...
The Closet Project-- Before:



And with the help of some decent shoe organizers-- After:





I know what you're thinking, "Wow, it's not even THAT organized;" but compared to before, what you're seeing is no small accomplishment!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think it looks more organized, and I also think you need more shoes ;0}
I e-mailed you back, I hope I was helpful!

Judith and Lance said...

It definitely looks more organized in the end... can you come help me now?

New Mom said...

Hi Mrs. Bonnie,

I tried to narrow my shoes down to 36 pairs but it was so hard! I ended up just putting some in the garage. I felt guilty about the 36pairs-- I can remember a time when I only had 1 pr of brown and one pair of black and one pair of casual shoes... Like I said I felt guilty-- until I called my mom and she said she has over 70 pairs!

70 pairs of shoes when there are starving children in the world... that's what she always told us when we wouldn't eat bean sprounts.

Judith, if I remember correctly, weren't you one of those girls in college whose hangers were color coordinated and clothes were arranged by color, etc....?

Marie said...

Wow Himilce it looks great!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Gotta love good organization!

oxox
Jennifer

Bonnie said...

I was there once myself with LOTS of shoes. Then I had babies and my feet grew. I miss all my shoes. I love shoes. And finding ones that fit now is like pulling teeth!

Katheryn said...

Like you, I love shoes, and I don't get rid of them, jsut because I am not sure when I will wear them. See you soon. The kids are excited to see Elon.

Katheryn

Judith and Lance said...

Yes, Hilmice, I am the one who used to coordinate my clothes and hangers my closet, but since having children that is all a distant memory now. And, good job on remembering that!

Judith and Lance said...

And, how can you possible narrow your shoes down? I think I have 70 pair of shoes (and counting) including flip flops and tennis shoes.

Davene said...

I think a woman is either a shoe person or she isn't...and I'm not. Somehow I'm not even enticed by that (maybe because I'd just rather be barefoot!). But I certainly have my own areas of weakness: books, for example.

Your closet definitely looks better. Good job!