Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just returned from a long vacation to North Carolina. While there, we took a trip to Myrtle Beach for a few days. Oh how I had missed the ocean! Elon loved the beach, particularly the sand. He would scream "more wadur, more wadur!" everytime we came back to the hotel. We also visited Myrtle Waves, a local water park. It was so much fun to race down the slides with my two sisters; we felt just like kids again. A very fun trip.


As for the trip there, one of the engines on my outbound plane went out, which made for a scary 10 minutes suspended at 15000 feet in midair! Talk about praying, the poor lady in front of me was crying-- I wasn't, though I almost felt like it! Needless to say, we landed safely and I DID NOT go up in that plane again-- putting my two feet on the ground never felt so good! I can't imagine what I would've felt like if I didn't know my eternity was secure. Beyond that, flying alone with a toddler and an infant is not the easiest way to travel-- my legs were stiff from balancing two sleeping boys on them!


Unfortunately, Elon caught a really nasty cold on the way home and has given it to me. I'm just praying it doesn't spread to Asher or Nathan. What is the solution for caring for your cold and the needs of two little boys? Seriously, I sometimes wonder how mom's of many children deal with the sickies...


Well, I better skidoodle, I have TONS of laundry to fold and put away. Hopefully my head doesn't roll of while I'm folding, as that is how it feels right about now ;-P Anybody have one of these


that I can borrow?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time!
As for being sick with littles? With the exception of the flue last spring, I (personally) have had to just stick it out. Not fun.
How scary on the plane! I am so thankful that God kept you all safe and calm!
Sounds like a grand trip. My" vacaction" is coming up in 9 days, and you've known me long enough to know where that is... The Fair.
Wishing I could bring you dinner and let you rest!