Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crusty the Clown...

I am supposed to be celebrating my 29th tonight with friends. Instead, I am here with a soggy bowl of cereal, nurturing a 3 year old with a very crusty nose. Methinks he has swine flu-- yuck. For some reason, Elon isn't the type who is lethargic when he is sick. Instead, he just walks around aimlessly getting away with what he can since he is sick {which fact he is very quick to remind me}! I am so thankful that God gave me Elon to care for, that this illness is temporary ... and that Nathan is home tonight to help!

{Actually, Nathan is making me a special Mexican dinner tonight-- my cuisine of choice. Isn't he sweet! I did eat a soggy bowl of cereal though, and that fit into my sob-story much better than homemade Mexican food ;}

2 comments:

Davene said...

Oh, happy birthday!!

Bummer about the sickness; I hope it goes away soon and doesn't attack the rest of the family.

Your honesty at the end, about the food, made me laugh. :)

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday!
I laughed too about soggy cereal, and yes, it did work for me as far as sympathy factor!

Poor Elon, we had the stomach flue here last week, but it was just the girls.
Hope dinner was good!