Friday, July 2, 2010

Woo-Wee!

I am so glad I took the time to mop my kitchen, living and dining areas last night and get those areas all picked up!  My landlord decided to drop by with 10 minutes notice-- and I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet!  Thankfully, the living areas of the house were clean and all I needed to do was shut the door to the guest bedroom (which is currently stuffed to the BRIM with laundry to be folded) and close my bed room door since the bed is stripped.  Thank you Lord for the little things like not having to suffer humiliation in front of our kind landlord!  If she would've called to say she were coming yesterday, I would've looked a little something like this poor guy:

She just invited Nathan, myself and the kids to go up to her condo in Flagstaff for a weekend!  She is so generous, I think that I already wrote about how when I lost my job and our savings were used up, she dropped $300 off of our rent to make it work for us.  We have since increased our payment by $100 while the Princess was here, and are tyring to maintain paying that amount for as long as we are able.  I am very blessed to have a landlord who is considerate and generous!  Blessings to her and her family!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my word Himilce, I have had that happen. I was throwing clothes in the closet and pilling dishes in the sink to look orderly messy. Its hard when your landlord is so sweet and kind and you don't want her to frown on you LOL! Man, it makes me all "Woo- Wee" just thinking about it. I am so glad you did not have to suffer humiliation like me LOL!

Pam said...

Well I think it is amazing that she came by when the house was clean. I don't know how many times I have cleaned the house up really nice and wished someone would pop over and see it; feeling a little disappointed when no one came. But sure enough when its a mess....visitors; I do try to fight. The "oh my goodness I feel embarrassed" feeling and I think probably people are relieved to find I am human and imperfect. I must say it does feel better though when people don't catch me in my imperfections. Ha. Praise the Lord for your very sweet landlord. I love her because she is so good to you.
Love you
Pam